Followers

Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Before Everything Ends



Just for a few more days
Let me have a few more hours
A few more moments
Let me soak your beauty
To whose serene layers
Melancholy clings fervently
Take the rest of my youth
And this life that's a void without you
This life which is nothing
But the tattered cloth of a beggar
Patches and stitches of pain and pining
And the scent of a mirage hiding its poverty
Pity these helpless throbs
Of my mind and my soul
Helpless, this body longs
For what was never his
Just a few more hours
Will since long captive, dreams have surrendered
This is what I've inherited
This is what I couldn't escape
For the sake of the love that we said we carried
Let’s bear this humiliation
Just for a few more days
A few more hours
Let me lie on your lap
That never failed me
There's a tiny heart inside, that's a rebel
Agony and abandon never scare it
It beats but for you
Just a few more days
Stay for a few more hours
We know that you'll go
For there is nothing to stop you
Or make you wrap your arms
Around this tattered cloth of a beggar
That pretends to be my soul


10 comments:

  1. I am speechless, truly superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So touching ! Dumbfound after reading it.

    Jitendra Mathur

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This life which is nothing
    But the tattered cloth of a beggar
    Patches and stitches of pain and pining
    And the scent of a mirage hiding its poverty
    - Beautiful lines. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely poem. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Anupriya. And welcome to Reflections.

      Delete