Followers

Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Morning Gift

As I punched my username - password combo and opened my inbox this morning, I found someone's generous gift waiting for me. The "Leibster Blog" award has been conferred upon me by the very talented Vaishali Jain who blogs at Cosmuse. She is a talented writer and enjoys writing. Her abilities require no further endorsement as she has already bagged her first blog award within a couple of months of starting her blog. My heartfelt congratulations to her and all others who have been conferred with this award. I also thank her for considering my blog worthy of this award.


Usually the awards' names are self revealing about their purpose, but this one wasn't. So I set out to find what it was for. I discovered that the Liebster Blog Award has indeed been making its way around the blogosphere. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

THANK YOU VAISHALI for the honour.


RULES

If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
Then you answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked you & make 11 questions for the people you are going to tag.
Tag 11 more Bloggers.
Tell the people that you tagged them.
No tagging back.


Now the facts about me, which I can think of right now, are:-

1. I strongly believe in God. For me He exists.
2. I love writing
3. I love reading
4. I adore and respect people who tread on unconventional paths
5. I can do anything for my family. Its my biggest strength. I will give up anything which tends to compromise
    my family's happiness.
6. I love travelling.
7. I am crazy about films.
8. I am kind hearted but do not forget hurt.
9. I like people who are opinionated.
10. I tend to lose my temper easily.
11. At times, I prefer fiction to reality.
(That was difficult to summarize).


11 questions asked by Vaishali:

1] 'Checkered blue n white' or 'black'? 

       checkered blue & white

2] Curtains or no curtains? 

       curtains

3] Hardcover, paperback or ebooks? 

      paperback

4] What's your ambiance while writing? 

       solitude


5] Do you plan to publish a novel? 

        Not yet


6] Do you like to make a gift for your loved one or do you rather buy? 

       Make a gift

7] Which is the most beautiful color according to you? 

        Blue (sky)


8] What’s your mantra in life? 

       Fight for your entitlements but don't forget your duties

9] Have you ever thought of becoming a soldier in your life? 

        Yes I have.


10] Do you have stage fear?

      Tremendous !!
11] ‘Mickey mouse/ Aladin/Duck Tales’ or ‘ Shin Chan/ Doraemon/ Kitretsu’?  

       Mickey mouse/ Aladin/Duck Tales  (during the era of latter ones I'd stopped watching cartoons)

Eleven questions that I want to ask :-

Since there is no rule to not repeat the questions that you have been asked, I'm simply passing on Vaishali's questions to the bloggers that I've chosen for the award because I think they are very nice questions. At the  cost of repetition here are the questions.

1] 'Checkered blue n white' or 'black'?
2] Curtains or no curtains?
3] Hardcover, paperback or ebooks?
4] What's your ambiance while writing?
5] Do you plan to publish a novel?
6] Do you like to make a gift for your loved one or do you rather buy?
7] Which is the most beautiful color according to you?
8] What’s your mantra in life?
9] Have you ever thought of becoming a soldier in your life?
10] Do you have stage fear?
11] ‘Mickey mouse/ Aladin/Duck Tales’ or ‘ Shin Chan/ Doraemon/ Kitretsu’?

As per the norm, I have also conferred this award on certain talented bloggers, who in my humble opinion equally deserve this award.

But for well founded reasons I'm not listing their names. They have been individually informed of their award.

Cheers !!!

61 comments:

  1. You are being too kind, Anupam. Thanks for appreciating my work. You deserved the award and I'm sure you'll be considered for many more awards in the near future. :)

    Thanks to this award, I got to know a few more things[read: facts] about you.

    And, oh well, I never thought you'd pass on my questions. I'm glad, to say the least.

    Thanks a bunch! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Vaishali. Wish you all the Best

      Delete
  2. The first thing i noted about you is that you are from Bhubaneswar..!
    I live in Kolkata but I am from Bhubaneswar, BJB nagar to be precise :)

    Now to serious things,
    Congrats..! I am sure you deserve it.
    Bye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ghazala,

      I'm glad to know that you are from Odisha. I used to live at Nageswar Tangi, Lewis Road (its quite near to BJB Nagar). But I am born and brought up in Cuttack. By the way I'd been to Kolkata last week (Friday) to watch "Dark Knight Rises" at Forum Mall, Elgin Road. I returned back the same night.

      Glad to have known you via Indiblogger. I'm aware of the fact that you are one of those few kind readers who read my writings regularly and thereby inspire and encourage me to write better.

      Thanks Ghazala

      Regards,

      Anupam

      Delete
  3. Congrats Anupam....Well Deserved ... :) And by the way I still watch Mickey Mouse ...Its now become Mickey Mouse Clubhouse :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayashree.. Yeah Mickey rocks

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for that lovely gift Anupam. I am honored. Thanks a ton :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulation Anupam..U r really a deserving candidate..happy writing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Anupam..well deserved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neha. You are no less deserving dear.

      Delete
  7. Congrats Anupam. :-)
    And nice knowing you from your answers.

    Best,
    Vini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vinithra. Congratulations to you too.

      Delete
  8. Congrats Anupam !!That was a well deserved award for you. Enjoyed reading your candid answers1 Wonderful knowing you more.
    And...
    Thanks a LOT!! I am bowled over with your thoughtful commendation.Your gift is very very special.Thank you, my dear.:))))
    Your and Nagini's approval for my modest effort is great encouragement....!! I didn't know that there are a few questions to be answered...perhaps I need to answer Nagini's questions as well!! Anyway, must check out her blog and revert soon:))
    Thank once again, Anupam.
    Thanks a million!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to you too Panchali. I'm sure that people who have read your works, will unanimously agree with my decision to confer this award on you.

      Delete
  9. Congrats Anupam! I enjoyed this post. It was nice to know more about you...

    I am a new blogger and yours is definitely, one of those blogs that has inspired me. And this is the first time , someone is giving me an award. So it remains very special. Thank u so much for considering me. Gudluck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it Ashitha. Congratulations & wish you many more awards in future....

      Delete
  10. Wow, Anupam! :D Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it for the fabulous blog you host.

      Delete
  11. You deserve many more of these awards Anupam. You are versatile. You weave magic in your words. Hats off boy. Congratulations!
    Well, it is indeed a pleasant gift for me. Thank you for considering me worth of this. You made my day which had an, unusually, hard start at office. Thank you.
    Answering and tagging / nominating others is a tough job. Will do it soon.
    I am yet to acknowledge Nagini and Jaishree's award/ tag :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thank You Mak for your kind words. You too are no less deserving Mak. Hope your day gets pleasant by the passing hour.

      Congratulations.

      Do the answering / tagging at your convenience.

      Delete
  12. Congrats Anupam,your blog is truly great & this is a well deserved award.Thanks a lot for passing it on,i would love to display it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honoured by your appreciation Indu ji.

      This award is equally well deserved by you. Congratulations.

      Display the award on your blog & let the world know.

      Delete
  13. Congrats! And a BIG thank you :) This award is my first, and getting it from you makes it all the more special...I'm honoured to have been considered worthy of it :) Thanks a lot, once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Come On Sudha..your talents require no endorsement, at least not from one as ordinary as me. Your phenomenal abilities at portrayal and depiction (not to mention your capacity to analyse others' works) should have been recognized the day you started writing.

      Therefore conferring it to someone as deserving and worthy as you, was the least I could do to show my respect for your beautiful mind.

      Congratulations !!!!

      Delete
  14. Congrats Anupam! You deserved the award every bit!

    Thanks a million for passing it on to me as well - though I qualify on only one criterion - in having less than 200 followers :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's typical of you Suresh ji. Humble and detached. But you can't escape it, for every one who reads you or will read you, is going to support me on my decision.

      Congratulations Suresh ji.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations Anupam! Wish you many more awards in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats Anupam..long way to go !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT ! Congratulations Anupam on the award. And yours is a very nice blog to read.

    AJ
    http://ajstates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Anupam, have been reading your posts since the day I joined Indiblogger.. I like the way you write..and if you haven't yet thought of publishing a novel, do give it a thought. you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are being way too kind and encouraging. Thanks for such an inspiring appreciation. Though honestly I do not think I can write in a manner as some of the bloggers I know, write, I'm nevertheless delighted by your kind gesture

      Delete
  19. Hey congrats :) You deserve it :) Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! Though not a regular blogger like you, I can imagine the joy that every recognition brings with it.

    'Reflections' is one of the very few non-technology blogs that I read often. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm deeply delighted by the fact that you read my blog often. Thank You So Much for your support.

      Delete
  21. Hey congrats Anupam. Was fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats and I learnt something from this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hafeezur. I hope you are going to share with us what's that you learnt from my humble blog

      Delete
  23. Congrats Anupam for the award and like many would have already told you, you deserve it totally!
    And, thanks a lot for considering me for this award.
    I apologize for this very late response but then I logged in after a long month and a half.
    Anyway, I shall make it a point to honour the award and do a post very soon.
    Thanks a lot again. :)

    ReplyDelete