Followers

Pages

Sunday 22 July 2012

Struggle

Tired and defeated I sat grim
On the stairs that ran in
Outward I looked and thought
Reminisced how long I fought

Of all the struggle I endured
Of all the dejection that poured
Of the bravery that was hailed
Yet everything I did, failed

Undressing my soul
Of the courageous cowl
Ridding my hands
Of the futile sands

Walked my father, to sit
By me and talk of some wit
'My son' he began
Across events galore he ran

'Life's often a test
Never stop to give your best
Its when the going is the toughest
Your goal may just lie next'

'Its when the ride seems uphill
The other side might be a treasure in veil
Its when struggle is all what you do
Know your strength is set to grow'

Despite defeat, loss and misery
You'll at the end find a great story
Just when you are about to give up
That's the moment you should buckle up

For more often than not
It's been testified a lot
Struggle is inevitable and surest,
Life's only way to make you strongest












24 comments:

  1. True, I love your last two lines.... tough times make us tough people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent ANupam. Rubbing against the stone, sharpens the sword!

    ReplyDelete
  3. marvellous!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work Anupam. Capturing the essence in less number of words is really commendable.
    You have said it right, struggle does teach in unconventional methods. We just have to tackle it with an open mind.
    Keep posting :)

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. life really tests our strength every time & who holds his/her courage till the end & doesn't lose hope, wins at last :)

    Beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Gayatri. Very well put.

      Thanks for reading and sharing your view.

      Delete
  6. Incredible lines giving such a beautiful message. Great work!

    My world, my thoughts, my musings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post and all your other posts as well Anupam.. Have been reading your blog of late and must say am really inspired...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Debleena for your kind and encouraging gesture.

      Delete
  8. beautiful lines dear
    Desire v/s Destiny
    www.mymagicjobs.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. inspirational! Failure is the first step towards success. The thing needed is to keep faith in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Just when you are about to give up
    That's the moment you should buckle up"

    Awesome lines :-D

    ReplyDelete