Followers

Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

My Friend & His Daughter







Sweetie,


Long have I waited to see you smile & cuddle up and sigh,
That look on your face tells it all;
That I'm lucky I can make you feel safe
When I see you 'morrow goin' away from home
Schools, friends, here and there
I'll sweat like a kid like I never 've anywhere;
Just le'mme know anything you need - 
Anything... I swear I'll be with you in mind and deed


...........


Le'me now tell you something which I feel father,
Feels so warm and unseparable so secure
That I know You'll be there to cheer me up 
When I have failed even the best of your wishes
That only you'll be there like a shadow to me
When I'm lonely and alone and I've none to guide me.


                                                                                       Anupam


(Dedicated to my bro & friend Anand Raja Das and his daughter (see pic.)
                      

24 comments:

  1. one of the best work of yours.....it shows all the emotions what a father has for her daughter n what a daughter wants from her father throughout her life........in short its cute n lovely........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I 'm glad you liked the poem..It is dedicated to one of my friends & his daughter (See Pic.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! reminded me of "Prayer for my daughter" by Yeats.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rohu. Being a daughter yourself, you will connect with what I have tried to portray.

      Delete
  4. Awww....this is so lovely...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anupam

    Reminded me of my dad and how secure I used to feel in his arms! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute photograph :)and a lovely poem
    When I'm lonely and alone and I've none to guide me.

    It's so hard when dad is away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let your brother know that now I have a crush on him:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome poem! I loved it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very beautifully written, anupam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so heart-warming,well thought & expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you icey, rohu, Saru, Jayashree, Kanmani, Bhavana, Gayathri, Neha, Obsessivemom, Subhorup and Indu for reading my poem and many thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, Anupam. you've made this picture come so alive through the thoughts you've weaved. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet poem. My dad is always my support system. He and I know how much it pains when something doesn't work. He makes sure I get best of everything. I am proud that he is my father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear about your love for your father. Thanks for reading dear

      Delete
  14. very sweet & beautiful poem.. heart touching...:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A good poem. The verse captures the emotions in a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. indeed a great one,if every father would think like this then there will be no female foetcide....

    ReplyDelete