Followers

Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Conversation - I

Avinash asked me

 "Define Love"

 We were at the Puri sea beach and I was marveling at the frothy waves that adorned it.

I replied

" Love is a feeling akin to what the waves have for the shore. They know the "twain shall never meet and stay together, but they keep coming for it nevertheless. Tirelessly, unconditionally, eternally.
Destiny commands them to never hold the shore, yet they come again and again and again for nothing but to hold on to it."


(An excerpt from a long stirring conversation between me and my friend Avinash (name changed) while we were at the Puri sea beach on a Saturday evening.)

6 comments:

  1. i'm completely agree with you........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one word man .. WOW !

    loved the last line...
    "Destiny commands them to never hold the shore, yet they come again and again and again for nothing but to hold on to it."
    Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Pranab. The fact that you loved the last line shows that you've perfectly connected with the thought.
      Thanx again for your encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by on mine! Now reading the Socio-Legal section. Nice work! and subsequent to your comment, I added a button for 'Email me' as well! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete