Followers

Pages

Sunday 3 August 2014

A Promise For Wishes



If I once more were to have you lying by my side
Like the very first time through the rain kissed zephyr
Whereafter you walked and pulled the curtains
Letting the sky and clouds see us as we saw each other

If you once more were to be alone with me in the woods
When the fawn scampered to your feet
And you playfully fed it your crumb
And led it to let you kiss its nose

If you once again walked close by me
Leaning on my shoulder and seizing my arm
As if we were melting in each other
As if you were letting me conceal you from me
And at times from yourself

And we treaded on sun dried maple
Breaking and creaking under your fragile steps
Sharing our fears and hopes
Our breathes letting our whispers course
To and fro our souls

Can you, once more
Give me,
Those times, places and blisses
And I promise I'll ask no more
And be gone thence



27 comments:

  1. Very poignant lines,sad and touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminded me of Gulzar's profound words 'Mera Kuch Saaman'... Heart-warming, yet forlorn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite a compliment Nimi, though I am just an ordinary conveyor of feelings. Thank you for reading. And welcome to reflections.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful lines Anupam, beautiful.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tinge of longing for the one whom we know will never come...beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wish a dream.. magic comes it does seems.. a song form the movie pride and prejudice .. suits well to your composition

    ReplyDelete
  6. The poem is enough to serenade for whoever you dedicated to.....words filled with passion...truly a great poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding the depths of the words Chaitali. I m sure she would too.

      Delete
  7. such a strong yearning for love..don't we all want those wishes to come true..very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is an inescapable longing. Thank you for reading Arathi

      Delete
  8. I love the way you write. I don't know if I have said that before. There is a peculiar honesty in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your kind appreciation.
      I try to be honest, where else would the truth flow from.
      And there cannot be art without truth.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful Anupam. A great mix of nostalgia which translates into a yearning..

    ReplyDelete